TOP TEN FAMOUS POETS OF THE WORLD, WHO ARE THE HERITAGE OF LITERATURE
This is the list of the most famous poets of all time comprises of the following:
William Wordsworth is an English romantic poet. He was born in 7, April 1770.He is famous for his romantic poetry and leading purveyors of the romantic movement. He was died in 23 April 1850. His poetry gives a more orthodox tinge to his mystical faith in nature. Wordsworth was appointed an official poet of a country in 1843. His appointment to a government position in 1813 relieved him of financial care. He wrote many poems, but top five Wordsworth poems are following:
2. The Idiot Boy
3.I Wandered lonely as a Cloud.
4. The tables Turned.
5. The Dungeon.
Here are some quotes by William Wordsworth.
1. Imagination, which in truth is but another name for absolute power.
2.A Poet who has not produced a good poem before he is twenty-five, we may conclude cannot, and never will do so.
3. And mighty poets in their dead.
4. With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things.
William Shakespeare is an English poet. He was born on 26 April 1564 in Stratford, England. He is one of the world’s most Famous and esteemed playwright and poet. Peoples love to read their plays and poems. He was an important member of the Lord Chamberlain’s Men company of theatrical players in 1594. William wrote different plays and he captures the conflict, emotions of human beings. His poetry and plays briefly describe the history of villages,cities. He was died on 23 April 1616.
Here is a some random quote by William Shakespeare.
1. Love to faults is always blind, always to joy inclined. Lawless, winged and unconfined and breaks all chains from every mind.
2. Who ever loved that loved not at first sight.
3. He that commends me to mine own content commends me to the thing I cannot get.
4. I hate ingratitude more in a man than lying, vainness, babbling, drunkenness or any taint of vice whose strong corruption inhabits our frail blood.
5. If music be the food of love, play on.
Here are some good plays:
3. EMILY DICKINSON
Emily Dickinson is an American Poet. She was born on December 10 , 1830.She was one of the premier poets in the 19th century. She died at the age of 56.She was died on 15 May 1886 in the US. In 1890 she wrote the first volume of her work was published posthumously and the last volume published in 1955. She created forty fascicles, which held the collection of 800 self-written poems in the era of 1858-65. She died in Amherst in 1886.
For all other poets here are some good quotes of Emily Dickinson.
1. Because I could not stop for death, he kindly stopped for me the courage held but just ourselves and immortality.
2. Death is a dialogue between spirit and Dust.
3. There is no Frigate like a book to take us lands away, nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry.
Here some books are:
1- I’m Nobody! Who are you?
2- My life had stood a loaded gun.
3- The complete poems.
4. MAYA ANGELOU
Maya Angelou is an African American poet. She was born in St Louis, Missouri on April 4,1928 and died in North Carolina on May 28, 2014. She was a dancer, singer and actress. She is the civil Rights activist. She studied with dance and acting at the California and she received the scholarship. Angelou became the first black female cable car conductor in San Francisco. Maya Angelou is known for her 1969 memoir, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, which made literary history. She is the first nonfiction bestseller by an African-American woman. Angelou published the Pulitzer Prize-nominated poetry collection in 1971. She later wrote the poem “On the Pulse of Morning”—one of her most famous works—which she recited at President Bill Clinton’s inauguration in 1993. Angelou received several honors including two NAACP Image Awards in the outstanding literature work (non fiction) category, in 2005 and 2009. She died on May 28, 2014.
Some of the articles of Maya are:
1. A proper analysis of the poem kin by Maya Angelou.
2. Caged bird.
3. The Quest for Self Determination.
4. Who is Maya Angelou.
5. Intellectual young Minds.
6. Write your way to Fame.
Here are some good quotes from Maya Angelou which are:
1. I have found that among its other benefits, give liberates the soul of the giver.
2. You may encounter defeat ,but you must not be defeated.
5. RABINDRANATH TAGORE
Rabindranath Tagore was a Bengali poet. He was born on 7 May 1861 in India. He was a philosopher, intellectual and play writer from India. He died on August 7,1941 in India. In 1915 he was also conferred knighthood, which he renounced in 1919 after the Jallianwallah Bagh carnage.
Oxford University awarded the Tagore with a Doctorate of Literature in a special ceremony arranged at Shantiniketan in 1940. He won the noble prize in literature in 1913.
Some important quotes by Tagore are:
1. Trees are endless efforts to the earth, to speak to the listening heaven.
2. Man is immortal, therefore he must die endlessly. For life is a creative idea it can only find itself in changing forms.
3. Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them.
He wrote many books. Some famous books are:
2- The Home and the world
3- The post office
6. WILLIAM BLAKE
William Blake was born on November 28,1757 in England. He was an English poet, painter and printmaker. He was one of the greatest poets of the romantic era.He died on 12 August 1857 in the UK.
Some important poems of b Blake are:
1. The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.
2. Loves Secret.
3. Cradle Song.
4.A Poison Tree.
5. The Tyger.
Articles that mention Blake are:
1. The evolution of English literature.
2. The poetry of William Blake.
3. The history of criticism in literature and poetry.
4. History of Literature.
5. The life of John Clare.
Here are some random quotes from Blake:
1. If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite.
2. Love seeketh not itself to please, but for another gives its ease.
7. ROBERT FROST
Robert Frost was an American Poet who was born on March 26,1874 in San Francisco California .One of the best poets of 20th century. He is winner of four Pulitzer prizes for poetry. He died on 29 Jan 1963 in Boston. His first poem is “My Butterfly: an Elegy” and published in 1894.
Here are top five best poems of frost:
2. The Road Not Taken.
4. The November Guest.
5. Mending wall
Some of the articles by Frost are:
1. Famous poets born under each sign.
2. Vowels, Syllables and metric foot.
3. Narrative poetry.
4. Robert Frost: The Renowned American poet.
5. Anna Akhmatova’s Life
Some good quotes by Frost are:
1. Humor is the most engaging Cowardice.
2. A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy and other women makes a fool of him in twenty minutes.
Langston Hughes was an American poet, Social Activist, stage writer and newspaper columnist. He was born on 1 Feb, 1902 in Joplin, US. In 2005, he received the Quill Award for Poetry. He also got Anisfield-Wolf Book award in 1954, simple, takes a wife.The Spingarn Medal is awarded NAACP for outstanding achievement by an African American. The award, which consists of a gold medal in 1960. He is a creator of jazz poetry and leader of the Harlem Renaissance. He died on 22 May, 1967 in USA.
Best poems by Hughes are:
1. Still Here.
3. Dream Deferred.
4. Mother to son.
5. Dream Variations.
Some Famous Articles by Hughes are:
1. Langston Hughes a brief History.
2. Poetry Scams: the seven deadly sins.
Here are some quotes from Hughes:
1. As I learn from you, I guess you learn from me.
2. An artist must be free to choose what he does, certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose.
9. WALT WHITMAN
Walt Whitman is an American poet, journalist. He was born on May 31,1819 in America. He is considered one of the world’s most influential poets and writers. In 1855, the first edition that Whitman published consisted of twelve poems and only ninety-five pages. He received several awards and prizes like. He died on 26 March, 1892 in New Jersey.
Here are some poems of Walt Whitman:
1. Walt Whitman
2. Songs of open road.
3. Poems of Joy.
4. O Captain! My Captain!
Some Articles by Walt Whitman are:
1.A Brief bio of Walt Whitman.
2 .Poetry: An interpreter of life.
3. GK Chesterton and his Poetry.
4. Leaves of grass.
Here are some good quotes of Walt Whitman:
1. I Have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
2. Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
Shel Silver Stein is an American writer, poet, musician, songwriter, composer, screenwriter and author of children’s literature from Chicago. He was born on 25 Sep, 1930 in Chicago. He died 10 May 1999 in Florida. He received a Grammy Award for best country song in 1970. Again, he also got a Grammy Award for best album for children in 1985. ShelSilverStein honor a Quill Award for children’s illustrated book in 2005.
Some best by Shel are:
1. I Cannot go to school today.
2. Forgotten Language.
3. Where the sidewalk ends.
4. A boy named sue.
Articles that mention Silverstein are:
1. The Lafcadio: the lion who shot back.
2. ShelSilverstein: the famous poet.
Here are some good quotes by Shel are:
1. If you are a dreamer, come in, If you are a dreamer, A wisher, a liar, A hope-er, a prayer, A magic bean buyer… If you’re a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in! .
2. Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the Don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’t haves, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.